So a new blogger friend at livelafelove “tagged” us as a favorite and nominated us for a “Bloggy Award”. We don’t really know what this is, but love when people nominate us for anything and also like us. Many thanks. And now we are to follow the rules she has set for us, answer questions, and nominate some more blogs. If we are doing it wrong, I apologize in advance. I am not good at rules.
These are the rules:
2. Then we must give you a glimpse at myself with eleven facts.
3. And then we nominate 5 blogs and ask them eleven new questions…
CMAXBY- 11 questions
1. Do you consider yourself a writer or a blogger? I consider myself a writer trapped in the body of a lazy person. Ike tells me that is what a blogger is.
2. What is your favorite part about the Holiday season? Aesthetically, I like the lights up around Troy, especially after a solid snowfall. Otherwise, the ability to drink terrifying amounts of egg nog and have it be socially acceptable.
3. Are you a cat person or dog person and why? I have both but I notoriously identify with the Simpson’s Crazy Cat Lady. I dressed up as her once for Halloween and scared myself when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.
4. What are your thoughts on Christmas Card brag letters? I love these. I wish people would write more of them and send them to me because I like to make cartoons afterwards of how I actually think their year went.
5. Paper books or e-books? Why? I don’t have a preference; I just like to read good stories. It’s less expensive if you spill your wine on a paper book, though.
6. What is your least favorite movie? and why? I feel like I know the answer to this but have shoved the memory out of my head in favor of knowing some stupid fact about Beyonce (FALSE! THERE ARE NO STUPID FACTS ABOUT BEYONCE!). I will say this, though, Bram Stoker’s Dracula does NOT stand the test of time. Boy does that movie look like a bag of ass now…
7. At what age did you consider yourself the happiest, and why? I’d say now… I’m finally very comfortable with myself, both my faults and strengths. I may have had a more bangin body at 20 but I was definitely not fun.
8. What is the most exotic vacation you’ve ever taken? It wasn’t a vacation but I worked on an archaeological dig in Cyprus for 3 years. Good food, wine, and people. I ate enough olives and Halloumi to last me a lifetime… Sometimes when I dream about being back there I can actually feel the insanely hot wind we all used to complain about.
9. Do you celebrate Valentine’s day? I love chocolate, so yes.
10. Coffee or Tea? Tea, tea, tea. While I drink coffee, I do not own any coffee related artwork. I cannot say that of tea.
11. Where do you buy most of your clothes? Target.
CMAXBY -11 FACTS
1) My favorite color is blue but for some reason when I’m drunk I tell people purple. It’s their fault for asking a drunk person their favorite color in the first place.
2) I have a dog that looks like an Ewok.
3) Which brings me to my next fact… I have never seen a Star Wars movie.
4) My favorite Troy building is the Knox and Mead on 1st St.
5) As good as the remake of True Grit was, the remake of 3:10 to Yuma was better.
6) I love Westerns.
7) I once ate 34 Hooters breaded wings in one sitting. I wasn’t trying to eat a lot, it just happened.
8) My house was built in 1829.
9) I like green olives in my tuna fish sandwich
10) I’ve never been arrested but I did get to ride in the back of a Troy PD car to identify a suspect. The seats are made out of hard plastic like an old school restaurant booster seat.
11) “Vodka martinis are for whores.” My Gram
JESSICA -11 Questions
1. Do you consider yourself a writer or a blogger? I used to think I was a writer, but I’m a worse writer now that I blog. If I write things for no one to see, or for one person to see, or I’m making up raps with my brother, I can be a pretty good writer. Here, I’m a blogger.
2. What is your favorite part about the Holiday season? All the lights strung up on every street down here! And the music, the feelings of love, happiness, and friendship. Buying gifts and wrapping them in the shiniest paper I can find. Fancy ribbons. The smell of my Christmas tree. SPIRITS and wine. My ugly sweater party outfit. Just everything.
3. Are you a cat person or dog person and why? AHH! DOG. I loveeeee dogs and really do not care for or understand cats at all. Ugh they are all losers, in my opinion. They poop in your house and act like it’s no big thing. And they’ll look you in they eye while they do it. Rude.
4. What are your thoughts on Christmas Card brag letters? Not a fan. People need to get jobs, hobbies, etc.
5. Paper books or e-books? Why? I’m a sucker for hard copy. I love everything about books….even the smell of a super old and ripe one from the library. Plus I’d just spill on or get sand in a ereader. I cant really have nice things.
6. What is your least favorite movie? and why? My Girl. Because no one was ever going to play the Flamingoes when/if I slow danced in a trailer, and I knew it right away. I was so fucking jealous of her red lipstick and how fantastic it looked on her. I knew red was gonna be tough for me to pull off and that I had a hard road ahead of me. And he dies.
7. At what age did you consider yourself the happiest, and why? I’ve been the happiest in my late twenties and right this second. 23 is not something I’d like revist… I was just really stupid. Not like book stupid or hopeless, but I had really little patience or faith in myself, zero self control, and I was just sort of trying to figure stuff out all the time and learning the hard lessons. And drinking too much, and staying up too late, and liking bad boys, and wearing denim mini’s, and crawling around on the floor with mascara stained tears looking for my underwear, going on awful dates while simultaneously being poor and in grad school and eating lots of ramen and wondering what the meaning of life was. I wouldn’t take it back, but I wouldn’t want to go back either.
8. What is the most exotic vacation you’ve ever taken? I neverrrrrrrrrr go on vacation. It’s so sad. I’m richpoor. Definitely the most exotic was a super cool old half falling down half amazing million year old castle on St. John. Which is a US territory….so, I need to get out more.
9. Do you celebrate Valentine’s day? Yes! I like to celebrate anything, really. So whether it’s with a boyfriend or alone or with friends, I’ll do something at least a little indulgent. Like drink an entire bottle of wine…..or something. My dad still gets me chocolates, so either way its a good day.
10. Coffee or Tea? COFFEE.
11. Where do you buy most of your clothes? All over. I hate hate hate the mall….so mostly either online, marshalls, sometimes cool boutique or vintage finds but who has the time. Really.
Jessica – 11FACTS
1. I have 3 extra ribs.
2. I can do 25 pushups. That’s a lot for a girl, you know.
3. I quote Jay-Z a lot and I’m really white and people don’t usually pick up on it.
4. I’m a morning person in every way.
5. I’m a sensitive thug.
5. I know every EVERY word to “We Didnt Start The Fire”
5. Rod Stewart is a pretty sizable crush.
6. SPF junkie. I get anxiety when I don’t have at least 55 on my face.
7. I’ve never had a twinkie and I NEVER WILL NOW.
8. I’m obsessed with flossing.
9. I faint when people even talk about blood.
10. I have definitely been arrested.
11. Benny and the Jets is my favorite song today right now. But yesterday it was the live version of Lights by Journey.
And the bloggy nominees are (in no particular order, because I hate order)
Suri’s Burn Book….the best.
All Over Albany….because we reach across the aisle and show bi-partisan love.
Twelve 16….very wise and always on point.
Very Smart Brothas…..brilliant.
Zee Lemons…because Jona is a fellow Trojan and just a way better and more wholesome person than us and she almost inspired me to grow my own sprouts but then I drank wine and fell asleep instead.
Here are our questions:
- Would you rather be a boss in hell or a loser in heaven?
- Are unicorns real?
- How do you feel about the new disolveable condoms?
- What makes you want to throw yourself off the fiscal cliff more than anything?
- Ginger or Maryanne?
- What is your kryptonite?
- Worst Holiday gift you have ever received?
- Are vodka martinis really for whores?
- What is the worst drug known to man?
- The thing I like most about Mariah Carey is ________________________.
- Beatles or Stones?